FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letus extreme 82mm thread & HVX 200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
Letus extreme 82mm thread & HVX 200
on Sep 10, 2010 at 11:31:23 pm

I recently bought a used letus extreme for my HVX-200. It had a 72mm thread on it so i went ahead & ordered an 82mm thread optimized for hvx-200.

To my surprise the new 82mm thread won't mount on my HVX-200! It is simply too big to screw on to the camera. However the previous 72mm thread (M72G) would somehow screw on to the camera.

Any ideas guys?

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
Re: Letus extreme 82mm thread & HVX 200
on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:09:46 am

Guys

I will really appreciate if you can give me some input on this topic. I spent 100 bucks on the thread and now i can't even use it.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:51:59 pm

Well, the HVX 200 definitely has an 82mm thread diameter. Where did you get the piece that doesn't fit? Can you return it? I suggest ordering what you need directly from Letus.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:00:38 pm

Hey Jason

I also thought HVX has a 82mm thread.

Is there a possibilty that hvx might have an adapter in the front of the lens? I noticed a black ring which says 82mm adapter. I tried taking it off but it wont come off.

I ordered the part from letus itself.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:37:53 pm

[Sohrab Sandhu] "Is there a possibilty that hvx might have an adapter in the front of the lens? I noticed a black ring which says 82mm adapter. I tried taking it off but it wont come off."

It sounds like it does have an adapter ring already installed. If that is the case, then it's no wonder you can't get the 82mm ring on. I took a quick picture of the lens of my HVX so you can compare yours. Mine is bare w/no adapters. HVX Lens

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Sep 15, 2010 at 2:52:44 am

Yeah it looks like mine has adapter in the front.

Here is a pic of my camera

So this adapter can't come off?

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 15, 2010 at 4:39:10 pm

[Sohrab Sandhu] "So this adapter can't come off?"

It should unscrew in a counter-clockwise direction.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:12:27 am

Turns out it was a stuck 82mm adapter. I had used a wide angle adapter a couple of months ago. This wide angle adapter had the 82mm adpater attached. When i took the wide angle off the 82mm did'nt come off and i never realised it untill now.

It took me some effort but finally i got rid of the 82mm.

Thanx for your help Jason!

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]