FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX 3000 - camera switches from AVC 100 to DVC Pro HD on its own accord????

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oli hallows
HPX 3000 - camera switches from AVC 100 to DVC Pro HD on its own accord????
on Sep 8, 2010 at 11:30:33 pm

Just purchased an HPX 3000 and have found that when shooting AVC 100, ever so often without reason or warning it switches to DVC Pro HD. I thought it was something I was doing wrong myself but it happens without me even going into the menu. It usually happens after turning the camera off then back on again, but it has just happened whilst the camera was in operation.

I am going crazy as I cant seem to work out what the problem is. Im working with another cameraman shooting on the same camera and it never happens to him.

Any info or help would be gratefully appreciated. Thankyou

Oli

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: HPX 3000 - camera switches from AVC 100 to DVC Pro HD on its own accord????
on Sep 9, 2010 at 2:52:30 pm

You might try updating the firm ware but if that does not take care of it then there are just
2 words for you. Service Center

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 9, 2010 at 3:37:47 pm

Could it be a menu setting you're just not saving to the camera's memory? Perhaps a bit more time perusing the manual would shed some light. A camera malfunction like that sounds unlikely to my ears, more of an operation issue- no offense.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:41:39 pm

If it really is just switching codecs without you touching it, there's a problem. But if you're loading new scene files, then I would say it's the operator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]