trying to match P2 and D90 footage... off sync

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Bochenek
trying to match P2 and D90 footage... off sync
on Sep 3, 2010 at 2:26:03 am

Hello,
i'm trying to sync medias from two sources:

Main source is HVX-200, using 720p24pn mode (23.98 FPS) with Nikon D90 (24fps) for some inserts of the show.

Someone told me to do that:

1. take the .AVI from the D90 in compressor, make a ProRes 422 or a DVCPRO HD in 24 fps
2. then in cinema tools, import these new clips and conform them to 23.98 FPS

simple !

then i re-import these QuickTime in FCP and after 2min of the song (i captured a show), it's off sync of 3-4 frames...

any other thing to do ? maybe the D90 is not a «pro enough» DSLR to do that !!

any suggestion

thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: trying to match P2 and D90 footage... off sync
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:24:27 pm

[Olivier Bochenek] "maybe the D90 is not a «pro enough» DSLR to do that !!"
The issue is the camera using a true 24p framerate, so it just doesn't play well with others. If you use a Canon or the GH1 they record at 23.98 so cutting into video much easier. If you have that option.

If you drop in the converted codec clips while it is still at 24 fps does it go out of sync in the other directions?

Maybe try the retiming in compressor Set Duration to 24 @ 23.98, this maybe the same thing that CinemaTools is doing but worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Olivier Bochenek
Re: trying to match P2 and D90 footage... off sync
on Sep 4, 2010 at 1:59:10 pm

Hi Michael,
when i drop the converted QT in 24 FPS on top of the 23,98 FPS one, they are the same from start to end, only the frame rate has change. But the clips are still stretched of 2-3 frames compared to the P2 track.

Your 2nd option made good results: I took the Quicktime in compressor and applied the retiming control at 99.93 % and it works, no more désynchro after 2min.

thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]