FORUMS: list search recent posts

30p for green screen

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
30p for green screen
on Sep 2, 2010 at 6:01:51 pm

I'm about to shoot interviews on green screen tomorrow with my HVX200. In the past I've used 1080i and it worked well but am curious if 30p would be better?
The rest of the video clips are all 1080i HDV from the client so my overall sequence in FCP will be a 1080i HDV sequence set to render with prores.

So I will most likely take the green screen video and add the key in it's native format and then export as prores to bring in the HDV sequence.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: 30p for green screen
on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:03:39 pm

Progressive usually keys more easily because there are no fields which in an interlaced timeline blurs the edges making the key a bit more difficult. More than i or P, make sure your greenscreen is evenly lit. Use a waveform monitor to be sure, and shoot with a codec that has a 4:2:2 or better color space. Again, there are ways around all of this, but shooting it correctly at the beginning will make your edit life much easier.

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved