FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stop Motion - Pixilation

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Wangai
Stop Motion - Pixilation
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:14:38 pm

Hi Iam planning on shooting a script I wrote in stop-mo using the HVX P2. This is the first time I have ever tried stop-mo on the P2 so I thought id ask for some help. The look im going for is one where objects and characters move smoothly yet eeirily so. I thought id ask for some basic tips on how best to go about doing this before starting just so I can have a "do's" and "dont's" list. I know you learn better when you mess up but i dont really have enough time to get it wrong too many times. Id appreciate any advice and creative help.

PS I know i have been quite vague concerning the project so just ask me to fill in whatever blanks may need filling in order to maximise the advise i get from you guys

("Her Morning Elegance / Oren Lavie"- Video on youtube is kind of what I was thinking about; few characters, several objects, single light source)

Thankyou in advance

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Stop Motion - Pixilation
on Sep 2, 2010 at 4:57:35 pm

I wouldn't use a P2 camera for stop motion- not when a DSLR is eminently more suited to the task in terms of ergonomics plus you get massive upgrades in terms of your image quality- i.e. 4K vs. 1080p...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]