FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 HPX170s and dual display issue on the Panasonic TH42PD12UK

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Devaney
2 HPX170s and dual display issue on the Panasonic TH42PD12UK
on Aug 31, 2010 at 7:49:22 pm

I shoot with a two camera setup and want both cameras to feed into the Panasonic TH42PD12UK monitor in dual display mode.

Right now, I have one camera feeding through my computer (Kona card via SDI) and out into the component inputs on the monitor.

I want to plug the second camera directly into one of the other inputs, but dual picture mode cannot handle a combination of two analog signals (Component-Component, Component-PC(RGB), PC(RGB)-Component, PC(RGB)-PC(RGB)).

This leaves me thinking that my only choice is to find a component-s video converter/transcoder.

Am I missing something obvious? Have any of you dealt with this? Are there component to s video transcoders that are affordable?

Any information you can give me about this issue would be very helpful.

Thank you for your time!

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: 2 HPX170s and dual display issue on the Panasonic TH42PD12UK
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:41:50 pm

You do realize that if you convert the component to S-Video, the resolution of that signal will be SD 480i and not HD? It will seem weird to be sharing a 720/1080 source on the same screen as a 480i source, won't it?

Seems like you have the wrong tools to accomplish whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish. Why do you need to run both cameras into one monitor? Why not use two monitors? Who is looking at the monitors? Live audience or just you for production? If it is essential that two cameras are plugged into one monitor for some reason, I would investigate a real video switcher. That would give you options for PIP, split screen, etc. that your monitor alone will not give you.

Dan

A Producer Who Is Also A DP? Yep, that's Me.

http://www.danbrockett.com

Return to posts index

Rebecca Devaney
Re: 2 HPX170s and dual display issue on the Panasonic TH42PD12UK
on Sep 7, 2010 at 5:41:34 pm

Thank you Dan.

The idea is to view both cameras in production live while we shoot to make sure they will cut together well, both in terms of composition, light and color. We use two monitors now, but I think it would be more effective, as we work with a high volume of shots, to see the footage in the same monitor, shots side by side.

I'm not sure if the resolution issue you mention would compromise our goals or not.

If you still think a video switcher is necessary, could you recommend a video switcher?

Best Regards,
Rebecca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]