FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 Green Screen Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Moore
HVX200 Green Screen Problem
on Aug 21, 2010 at 3:31:34 am

I have tried everything I know to figure this out.

I keep getting this white outline around my subject that is driving me nuts.

Here is a frame of the green screen:

As you can see the screen is evenly lit. I have tried detail levels at -1, -2, -3, and -4, no difference.
I have tried with rim light and without. No difference.
I am shooting 24pn.

Here is screen shot zoomed in, so you can see the outline better.

Here is a screen grab with a key from Keylight. I have also used DVMatte, Ultimatte, and Primatte. Same result on all of them.

Here is a close up:

I've tried chocking the matte, and pre-blur, I can get rid of most of the outer outline by chocking the matte, but loose all hair detail in the process. And no matter how much I choke it, the inner lines between his arms, just don't go away.

Here is another screen grab:

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I will pay for your time, if your answer solves my problem.

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: HVX200 Green Screen Problem
on Aug 21, 2010 at 8:00:26 pm

This is a complete shot in the dark as I don't know your camera well, but it seems to me you are lowering the detail (- #s) which would lead to less distinct edges which could confuse the keyer. Have you tried increasing the detail setting to + values?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: HVX200 Green Screen Problem
on Aug 22, 2010 at 12:26:38 am

Looks like edge enhancement from the camera to me... it can be quite a problem. Usually shows up on high-contrast edges, with light outer line and dark inner lines.

I'm poking around with your still image, but I'm no expert keyer.

You might try pulling one key with settings high enough to get nice edges even at the cost of losing other parts of the image (white shirt, patches of skin). Then key another copy of the footage with an eye for good content but shrinking the matte in for hard tight edges - as long as you make those edges smaller than the 'nice edge' layer, you should be ok.

Maybe someone else can get it all in one shot, but when I've had problem keys I've done it like that... breaking it down into parts.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]