FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2CMS for clients without NLE

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
P2CMS for clients without NLE
on Jul 20, 2010 at 8:55:26 pm

Hi,

I would like to have my clients be able to view the P2 clips from their hard drive without using an editing system installed.

It seems like the P2CMS application will do this however, I noticed you really can't install this on a PC without the P2 drivers. And you can't install the P2 drivers without having some sort of P2 device attached to the laptop. Is there a way around this?
My client would not have any P2 devices since they are getting the media on a hard drive.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2CMS for clients without NLE
on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:14:41 pm

[Chris Anderson] "I noticed you really can't install this on a PC without the P2 drivers. And you can't install the P2 drivers without having some sort of P2 device attached to the laptop. "

UH, yeah you can. No P2 device needs to be connected to install the P2 drivers. What happens when you try?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:08:46 am

Thanks Shane,

I guess my confusion is when you install the driver, it displays a list of devices that you can select to choose as the device you are installing.
If you choose say "PC Cardbus",you need a P2 card in the slot. If you Choose "HVX200" you need the camera connected.
But In my case, I don't want to install any device because the client will not have one. Just the media on a hard drive.
Does it still allow me to install drivers without selecting a device?
I haven't tried that but it didn't seem to give that option.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:12:34 am

Are you installing the right thing? The P2 driver for PC/Mac, found here:

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/p2-hd/downloads-and-updates.asp

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:55:02 pm

Hi Shane,

Yes, that is it. If you look at the download link, they list towards the bottom "The following devices are supported by P2 driver packages".
This list is what I see during the install process with each one having a selection box to choose the device. Asking me which P2 device driver do I want to install on the PC so it can read the P2 Media from it.

This wasn't a problem for me since my system would be reading the P2 cards so I chose the "Cardbus"driver which then asked for me to load a P2 card in the pci slot of the laptop to finish the install. I also selected the "HVX200" which then asked for me to link the camera via USB to finish the install.
Now, my client won't have these devices, they just want to use P2CMS to just load media.

Thanks again,
Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]