FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on purchasing

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Bungay
Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:51:11 am

Hi guys I am planning to buy an HPX370 or HPX500 which do you think will be the best cam that I could purchase.

HPX370 got only 1/3" lens while the HPX500 got the 2/3" lens and most of our cameras are 2/3" and we have some various of lenses that are 2/3".

Hope you could help me point to the right direction.

And also would you know any store in LA that I could purchase it on a sunday since we I'm planning to use it on Monday morning.

Thanks

Dennis



Return to posts index

jeremey shelton
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 18, 2010 at 2:58:01 pm

My .02: If you've already got lenses and accessories for 2/3" cams it might make for a simple transition to the HPX500. Based on the existing equipment, and if cost is not a factor, I'd go for the 2/3" HPX500.





Untitled Document



Jeremey @ LinkedIn




Return to posts index

Dennis Bungay
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 18, 2010 at 5:54:00 pm

But in terms of quality specially the codec? and also they said that HPX500 shots are so soft.. Is that true?



Return to posts index


Michael Sacci
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 19, 2010 at 3:41:37 am

Who is "they"


Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:07:17 pm

Oh you know- they- the anonymous HPX500 image sharpness experts group...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.


Return to posts index

Ryan Pratzel
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:27:45 am

Dennis-

If you have the money, I would go with the 500. I own a 500 and we love it at my shop. With that said, it's a much bigger investment than the 300 or 370. We bought HD glass that cost us more than the camera. While the 500 is no Varicam, it shoots beautiful HD footage. My camera lives most of the time at 720p 24pN.

In terms of codecs, DVCPRO HD is a rock solid legacy HD codec. It would be nice if the 500 shot AVC-INTRA, but my Panasonic rep tells me that's not going to happen.

Also, think about who your client base is and which camera will better serve your needs. Our rule: buy gear that meets 80% of your needs and rent for the other 20%. This keeps us from spending money where it's not necessary.



Ryan Pratzel
Executive Producer
Creative Liquid Productions
http://www.CreativeLiquid.com



Return to posts index


Steve Eisen
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 20, 2010 at 5:33:39 pm

Go for the 500. I've been using it for over 2 years.

Samy's or EVS in LA.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group


Return to posts index

Dennis Bungay
Re: Need advice on purchasing
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:26:53 am

Thanks guys for all the advice.. Appreciate it.. :)



Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]