FORUMS: list search recent posts

chromatic aberriation on hpx-2000

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Waldo Chan
chromatic aberriation on hpx-2000
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:23:33 pm

Good day folks, I need your help. I'm worried because maybe I have chromatic aberriaton with my hpx-2000. I have a Canon HJ17ex7.6B-IRSE-A eHDxs 17x 2/3" lens.

If this is true, how can I avoid or solve this problem. The 98% of my footage dont have this problem and I want to know what is producing this problem. Hope you can help me.

I have a still frame if someone want to see. just send your mail

Best regards

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
Re: chromatic aberriation on hpx-2000
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:46:28 pm

Chromatic aberration is caused by failure of a lens to focus all colors to the same convergence point. This is most obvious in high contrast areas, especially when the lens is zoomed in.

While high contrast and zooming in might not be avoidable, you should check Panasonic recommended lenses for your HPX2000 as the camera features CAC (Chromatic Aberration Correction) on select products.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:48:38 pm

You can post still images here, just click the little icon that looks like a washing machine....

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Waldo Chan
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:01:26 pm

So there is nothing I cant do to avoid this? It happens once in a while, and I want to know what I am doing that cause this...

thank you

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:36:39 pm

Unfortunately, the 2000 does not have CAC. Just got to have the best lens you can get.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 29, 2010 at 7:56:41 pm

yup it is what it is.... bit of overexposure in that shot as well is not helping.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 29, 2010 at 8:08:39 pm

That looks more like a error in the white shading. There is not much you can do after the fact- checking the camera manual to properly white shade the lens will minimize or eliminate this issue.

My guess is some where in the video there is a similar issue in the complimentary color on the other side of the frame.

This comes from a mis-alignment of the 3 color CCD's caused by the differing transmissive qualities of each manufacturers lenses.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Technology Development
Quality Assurance Assistance

Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:01:49 pm

Here is a link to a white shading tutorial. Please be aware not all cameras work the same, its helpful to speak with a DIT or take a video engineering class (as I did). You will find it very useful to understand what goes on under the hood to boost your creative process.

Just my 2c.

http://blog.abelcine.com/2009/08/05/eng-essentials-white-shading-white-offs...

PS: I didnt know that the hpx2000 didn't have CAC. We have the 2700+3000 so I guess I took it for granted.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]