FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF cs5 import error

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Lampman
MXF cs5 import error
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:30:58 am

hello everyone:

I'm trying to import some mxf files I transferred off p2 cards into cs5. I shot in 720 24p overcranked to 60fps and some shots are also 24fps. Whenever I try, I get the "unsupported format or damaged file" error. It isn't the trial version. I also can't get the p2 viewer to find the files as a virtual drive either. I ran files thru the demo version of raylights mxfx, and imported those to no avail. Am I doomed? My next idea is to uninstall and reinstall. Not sure what it will solve, but trying something makes me feel better. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Joshua Lampman
Re: MXF cs5 import error
on Jun 22, 2010 at 7:18:37 pm

I meant to say I have cs4. I have a pcmcia slot on my laptop, and I used the p2 utility to drag the contents of the p2 onto my harddrive. I could view the p2 cards content thru my computer using the p2 viewer when the p2 card was in my computer, but once it was on my HD I couldn't see it thru the p2 viewer utility using virtual drives.

Return to posts index

Joshua Lampman
Re: MXF cs5 import error
on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:14:58 pm

I think there might be an issue with my pulldown, since I shot in 24p instead of 24pn. When I put the files thru mxfx to convert, it says there is an error with pulldown, I tried telling it to strip out the pulldown. Once it's done, I still experience the same issue with the converted files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]