FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX Slow Motion out of 1080 24p Footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew marchand
HPX Slow Motion out of 1080 24p Footage
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:41:22 pm

I couldnt find an answer to this problem in previous forums. I accidentally shot 1080 24p and need to slow mo it in FCP (I know I prob should have shot in 1080 60i.) It doesnt look very good in post when i slow mo the 24p. Is there any fix in FCP for making this slow motion look more natural? Would i need to de interlace it or something? If so, how?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HPX Slow Motion out of 1080 24p Footage
on Jun 22, 2010 at 12:37:45 am

Not for free unfortunately- you need to create new frames to make 24p shot footage look good in slow motion. And for that you gotta buy a slow motion plugin like Twixtor or RE: Timer...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HPX Slow Motion out of 1080 24p Footage
on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:02:42 am

Did you shoot 24p or 24pA, are your clips coming in as 23.98 or 29.97?

There is nothing to deinterlaced cause your footage is already progressive. If you shoot 24p and have 29.97 you need to remove the pull down.

As far as SloMo, you can try using Motion it will do a better job if you render with best (optical flow) settings on. IF that doesn't work look at some 3rd plugins. FCP by itself doesn't do a good job at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]