FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grainy video

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Zay
Grainy video
on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:00:35 pm

Hello ...

I shot a music video with my hpx 170 in 1080i 24p unfortunately (yes i i'm aware that i should shoot in 1080 24PA in the future and remove advance pull down). But for now i made the mistake and its too late, so i used cinema tools to REVERSE TELECINE and my footage comes in @ 24fps. My fotage seems to have lost alot of quality and has become very grainy after log and transfer. It looks fine obviuosly @ 25% or even 50% viewing percentages in the viewer window, but anything larger than, IT LOOKS TERRIBLE.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Grainy video
on Jun 16, 2010 at 2:26:39 pm

There is no quaulity loss during the log and transfer process of P2 material, it is simply a rewrapping process.

Have you looked at your footage through a capture card and calibrated broadcast monitor?

Return to posts index

Adam Zay
on Jun 17, 2010 at 12:57:18 am

Thanks for your response Jeremy, no i have not looked @ the footage through a capture card/ calibrated monitor. I do most of my work on my new quad core i7 27"imac. I have never had this problem shooting in 720/24pn, always crystal clear HD.

Also may i ask , you are saying there is no quality loss after capturing mfx(p2) files into quicktime .mov files?

do you have any suggestions how to fix this grainy footage?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 17, 2010 at 1:20:16 am

By capture you mean log and transfer, right?

If so, there's no quality loss at all, correct.

Any chance you can post a second or two of the file in Full res Dvcpro HD (and not recompressed)? That way we can compare.

Return to posts index

Adam Zay
on Jun 17, 2010 at 1:33:37 am

Sure can i get your email ?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 17, 2010 at 1:48:27 am

Editstation [at] gmail [dot] com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>