FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost Information.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Sales
Lost Information.
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:44:48 pm

Hey guys. I called myself being smarter and faster while transferring some P2 Clips. Essentially, I copied the folders and dumped them on an external--which would have worked fine, had I checked to make sure everything went over.

Anyways, I tried to bring my CONTENTS folder into FC and I got an error. Apparently, nothing but the Audio/Video folders copied over, in addition to the .txt file.

Is there a way to get this media back? I don't have the cards anymore...so all I have to work with are those two folders.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Lost Information.
on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:09:31 pm

Edit

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:10:00 pm

First of all, invest in ShotPut Pro and have this never happen again.

Second of all, you have your media, you just don't have the XML files that 'drive' the media.

You can look in to third party options to help you.

I would suggest using MXF4mac's MXF Import and also use their free tool called Atomic Fusion. This will automatically join your video/audio MXF files and send them over to FCP.

http://mxf4mac.com/mxf-import

http://mxf4mac.com/atomic-fusion

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 14, 2010 at 6:06:39 pm

Yeah, just to add another voice to the fold here...without the other 4 folders, FCP will not import the footage. Your only option is third party. I too agree that Shotput Pro is essential when dealing with tapeless media. It verifies that everything was copied over.

I want to offer other third party solutions to check out too.

Raylight and Calibrated. I do like the robustness and other options that MXF4mac offers though. But I like to offer all the options.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Jun 15, 2010 at 5:30:53 pm

How F'in cool is that! Shane Ross replied to MY post. Lol.

Thanks guys. I've tried multiple things and the closest I have gotten was exporting the merged MXF files through XDCam Clip Browser, and opening those in VLC. The issue now is there is a watermark like the product isn't registered or payed for. I'll check with my director and see if the company owns that/ or if we should buy it.

And I'm gonna keep searching. I'm interested in MXF4mac and I'm going to give it a shot.

Thanks again. Creative Cow is the best freakin' thing ever for an Editor. Much love to those who share their wisdom!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 15, 2010 at 7:58:02 pm

[Barry Sales] "Thanks guys. I've tried multiple things and the closest I have gotten was exporting the merged MXF files through XDCam Clip Browser,"

Hmm, interesting choice. I had no idea you could even get that to even come close to working. Are your exported files now XDcam files? If so, while I guess that's workable, it wouldn't be the way I would recommend.

How much footage do you have to fix?

What's the watermark say?

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Jun 15, 2010 at 9:48:29 pm

I decided to go XDCam because that's how it will be finished. The event was shot with three cams but two formats: SxS cards for a Sony EX1,3 and a P2 for a HVX.

The SxS cards get encoded in XDCam Transfer. And since that's 2/3's of my footage, it seemed logical to just wrap it in that.

The issue is I did some redundancy when capturing but I have more data files actual clips. Matching folder to bin, it looks like one of the P2 cards didn't dump fully.

It's not a lion's share of the work but it's a lot to me...about 15-25 clips maybe. Most is B-Roll but I may have extra coverage on a speech I may want to use. Thanks for keeping up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]