Live feed HVX 200A

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Vanderveken
Live feed HVX 200A
on Jun 8, 2010 at 7:46:47 pm

Hello,

Two questions.
We have bought an Asus G73J with Windows 7 premium. This laptop is pretty amazing but it has no Firewire (???). Is there someone out there that can tell me if there's a possibility to hook up the HVX-200A through usb or maybe some converter to get live feed (green screen).

If so, here's number two
Is there no program for pc to mix the live feed with a background for a live preview in the green screen studio?
Seems that such things are only available for Mac.

Thank you...

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Live feed HVX 200A
on Jun 8, 2010 at 10:05:45 pm

Not on your laptop but such pieces of analog live compositing hardware exist- i.e. what the weather man/woman uses. But quality is really low and not worth it. Shoot and comp in post for best results.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

David Vanderveken
on Jun 8, 2010 at 10:57:36 pm

Thanks Noah,

Yes, but it would be great to be able to monitor (and only that) the talent that is walking (following a path on a background still image) in the green screen studio. Just to guide her to follow that path exactly.

I understand that this is still an issue. As far as I know, many people are looking for a sollution for similar situations. Shure, I red about
Adobe OnLocation and Lensfeed but I only need a way to put the background behind the talent when live feed.

But if there's no way to hook up the HVX-200 on this laptop for this, I guess I don't have too look any further.

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 9, 2010 at 1:23:39 am

Depends on your computer but sure there are apps that can take a live firewire feed and do a slap comp.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:42:46 pm

The camera has USB mainly for PCs, have you tried using it, or sorry to suggest, looking it up in the manual.

Return to posts index

David Vanderveken
on Jun 14, 2010 at 11:53:31 am

Thank you Michael,
This camera has USB for PC and Firewire for Mac, that's right. Mainly for moving the content of the P2 card on the PC. For live feed though, I can't find what I need in the manual.

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jun 13, 2010 at 4:45:39 am

It is a green screen right. Just have your talent walk in place. Pick up her feet and put them down but stay in one place... You move her down the path with key frames in the edit.. It is a green screen right.

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

David Vanderveken
on Jun 14, 2010 at 12:06:08 pm

Thank you Nate for the suggestion. It does not look very natural that way.
We have tried the same thing in a green screen studio in Holland, while monitoring on a Mac with the used background. The result was perfect and looked very real. The Mac was owned by the studio. Now I'm stuck with a pc without Firewire. I think the Firewire is needed for the live feed. I don't think you can pull that off with a USB connection on a pc notebook
I did this before on my old pc (sold it) and that worked (only while the HVX was in SD recording mode because Adobe Ultra wouldn't except a HD signal). Maybe I'll find a way in the near future...

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]