FORUMS: list search recent posts

Am I in trouble?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Am I in trouble?
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:35:40 am

I transferred my P2 cards to my footage storage drives a couple of weeks ago. This afternoon when I went to Log & Transfer my footage into FCP, I was told it could not play the clip, and would not digitize the clip. It recognized the clip as a spanned clip and put the 2 together. P2CMS has them as red crosses which I read means they are un-fixable. Is this true or do I have another recourse? I really need these files.

John 3:16

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Am I in trouble?
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:45:09 pm

Imagine's products are excellent. We use HD Log to view a few seconds of every clip after transferring them to a hard drive to make sure there are no problems. If you don't keep the files on your P2 cards (and most probably don't) the files on your drive are your masters. We never have less than two complete copies of all the tested files on separate drives.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Am I in trouble?
on Jun 7, 2010 at 7:05:38 pm

Sounds like you might have pulled the cards without stopping recording, or you are missing footage.

My suggestion would be to load the MXF files back on to the card, put them in the camera and repair the clips.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]