FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleted Contents Folder HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Luning
Deleted Contents Folder HVX
on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:54:06 pm

It finally happened, I accidentally deleted a contents folder from my laptop and downloaded the same card twice, and not the one I needed most, then formatted and shot over the two cards I was working with.
The deleted contents had a full 16gigs of footage from an event. Gone.
I trolled around this and a few other boards looking for a way to retrieve. This is what I found out and what kind of worked in my situation. If anyone can add to this, please, feel free.
I purchased Data Rescue 3, ran it on the laptop, it was able to find MXF files, but, it recovered them as sequentially numbered files and didn't designate audio or video. I did some more research and tried a demo of Raylight for mac...it is supposed to take MXF files directly to FCP. I set it up to just convert MXF to MOV files. It did recover the a huge chunk of the lost footage, some corruption, but most were usable...but no sound. Also, they had to be renamed...from Raylight they were named file1.mxf.mov which didn't work...removing the mxf extension, opening up in Quicktime Pro and resaving as Prores 422 files was the next step. That's what worked for me. If anyone has a better way, let me know...but the $250 spent on software was a lifesaver.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Deleted Contents Folder HVX
on Jun 4, 2010 at 4:44:54 pm

[Jim Luning] "If anyone has a better way, let me know.."

With MXF4mac, they have a new free application called Atomic Fusion. It will match the essences of any of your MXFs and reconnect them and send that to FCP. You will need the MXF Import option though, which is not free, but well worth the dough.

http://mxf4mac.com/mxf-import

http://mxf4mac.com/atomic-fusion

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]