FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Use P2CMS to Create Custom Names?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Ward
How To Use P2CMS to Create Custom Names?
on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:09:47 pm

Hi There,

I managed to find a lot of reference in the forum regarding using p2cms to create custom clip names and then transfer to an SD card to load into the camera.

I was hoping that someone might have the workflow for how to go about doing this? I saw the Metadata upload tool in the software, but do I go about making and naming a separate metadata item for each 'user clip name' I would like to use? Or is there a way to separate them?

Also once finished, how to you add them to the camera and enable them? It is for the HPX300

I tried a search but can only find reference to it is possible.

Thanks very much,

Liam.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How To Use P2CMS to Create Custom Names?
on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:28:14 am

You would have to make a metadata file for each clip name you want, then load each file before you begin recording each shot. It's much easier to preload metadata with something really generic like "MyShoot_01" and then the camera will then increment each clip after that.

You should use P2Flow to edit the metadata after the shoot. It's much faster than trying to do it in camera (although in camera editing is possible).

Panasonic has a white paper here:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/papers/P2HDMetadata.pdf

which should get you started. Write back with more specifics after you dive in and we'll throw you another life boat and drive to the next buoy.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Liam Ward
on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:09:32 pm

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for the quick response! The in camera solution actually works well for us so they can be named while out on long trips around the world before the footage ever makes it back to the office and it appears to be working just fine!

Thanks again!

Liam.

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:35:28 pm

[Liam Ward] "it appears to be working just fine! "

Oh yeah, it works very well, it's just that you need to take the time to do it before each shot. If you have the time, then no worries.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Liam Ward
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:07:06 pm

Luckily we don't have to get as detailed as before each shot, more so just shoot days. Because the crew will be shooting multiple days and sometime multiple countries before returning with the footage, we just needed to track what footage is from what day and what country.

Adding a code off the top of the clip name with the metadata and then allowing the camera to add it's own counter to every shot seems to be working great.

Thanks again

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:21:14 pm

Yes, that's the simplest way to do it.

You can always change it later as well. What camera are you using?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]