FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 transfer data from card to external hard drive

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan Lenong
P2 transfer data from card to external hard drive
on May 30, 2010 at 11:04:39 am

Greeting,

Me and some friends just shooting with the Panasonic P2 camera. There was a slight problem, when it will be imported into Final Cut Pro, the data can not be imported.

My question is:

1. Is there an error in data transfer time from the card to an external hard disk? because we did not use the software P2CMS when transferring data. But the direct copy and paste into an external hard disk ...

2. How important is P2CMS software for Panasonic P2 camera user, because a few friends to do the data transfer without using P2CMS and they succeeded ...

3. Is there any other problems besides two of these things?

Thanks for the answer

Ivan

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: P2 transfer data from card to external hard drive
on May 30, 2010 at 6:31:26 pm

[ivan Lenong] "But the direct copy and paste into an external hard disk ... "
I have never use a copy and paste command, but I have used drag and drop with no problems. You do not have to use P2CMS or other 3rd party.

One thing you should ALWAYS do it to put the cards into write protect before transferring the content. The finder can screw up the files on the card and by doing this simple step you safe guard agains that happening.

For your problem, did you copy all the folders and files from the card and not just some of them. The file structure is important to maintain.

Return to posts index

ivan Lenong
on May 31, 2010 at 1:07:03 pm

One thing you should ALWAYS do it to put the cards into write protect before transferring the content. The finder can screw up the files on the card and by doing this simple step you safe guard agains that happening.

Hmm... I see. Maybe I forgot to write protect the card before doing transferring datas.

Thanks alot for you information

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 1, 2010 at 6:37:40 pm

Each card has a Contents folder and Lastclip.txt file. You need to copy both into a separate folder on your drive. Label the folders whatever you want: Shoot date P2 Card 1, 2... Then in Log & Transfer, you point to that folder and your clips should appear.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Dixon Johnston
on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:26:54 pm

Thanks again P2 Forum! Ive been running into intermittent card copying problems on my HPG20, and the write protect thing seems to have solved the issue..

Dixon Johnston
Creative services Director-WRIC

Dual 2.0 G5, 4G RAM
OSX 10.4.1, FCP 5.1, QT 7
AJA Io-Beta SX (SDI)
P2/Beta SX Aquisition, decks, card readers

Return to posts index

Bo Brinck
on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:09:37 am

I have a similar problem. Hope you can help.
2 identical HVX-200E, same firmware, age etc. One shots close and the other shots total.
I card reads perfectly and the other one says "ERROOR no date" after attempting to transfer. The thumb, timecode and everything seems OK, its just when it tries to transfer from this one card.
The cards were not write protected when I copied the content to the externaldrive where copies of both cards are sitting in separate folder.

thanks in advance
Bobby

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]