FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Glich on Both Channels - at the same time???????

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Cullen
Audio Glich on Both Channels - at the same time???????
on May 28, 2010 at 3:04:06 am

I had a shoot 2 days ago using my HPX170. I ran a Senn Lav into one channel and a Rode shotgun into the other.

Prior to the shoot, I tested the room and picked a clean frequency. Once the shoot began - a presentation, there were moments of distortion coming through the lav. They would last from 1/2 a second to a second and garble the audio.

I assumed that there was interference in the air or that it had to do with the distance between the transmitter and the receiver.

Sitting down to edit the material, I have discovered that this glitch is on both channels. When the lav distorts, the shotgun looses volume (about 5 db).

I have never experienced an issue like this with my shooting set-up, which I have used regularly for over a year.

All batteries were new and the camera battery was fully charged.

Any ideas to help troubleshoot this mystery would be great.

Thanks.

Alex

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio Glich on Both Channels - at the same time???????
on May 28, 2010 at 1:36:20 pm

Completely turn off the lav track, still have distorted boom?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio Glich on Both Channels - at the same time???????
on May 28, 2010 at 10:00:22 pm

It's possible something in the building emitted a strong emf pulse. It could have been a spark or a transmitter of some sort. Sennheiser has a very helpful chart of frequency use by city. In the future, you can check that list for clear freqs in your shooting location.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]