FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 / BM Intensity / Data Rate

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lyas
P2 / BM Intensity / Data Rate
on May 26, 2010 at 2:53:30 am

Hi

I have to preface this post by saying I think I have made a cardinal sin in forum terms by admitting I have posted this same post on another forum, but without response, so I'll try here if you all don't mind.

I recently bought a Panasonic AG-HPX302en (Australia) running FCP 7.0.2

Setting cam to AVC Intra 100 25p

In Audio/Settings I choose the following:

Sequence Preset: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920 x 1080 25p 48KHz

Capture Preset: Blackmagic HDTV 1080i uncompressed

After I've ingested footage into FCP, the browser is showing that the clip's Data Rate is 13.9 MB/sec

Is this a bit low?

If anyone uses the Intensity card, is there another Capture Preset I should be using or is this FCP's way using ProRes to reduce / compress the footage.

In FCP the drop down window for the Capture Preset doesn't really give me a lot of options, I think the HDTV 1080i 50 is about the best option, but I'm sure that's dropping the data rate.

The BM card is only 8 bit I know, but it's not like I'm using the BM to capture the footage, I use it only to monitor with a 32" Panny LCD TV

That said, I have captured 8 bit uncompressed video via HDMI and a Canon HF 10 and that shows up at a data rate of 99 - 101 MB/sec

Any ideas would be welcome, thanks

Michael

Return to posts index

Robert Gomm
Re: P2 / BM Intensity / Data Rate
on May 26, 2010 at 7:11:32 pm

I don't think 13MB per second is bad actually... now that being said, 13Mb per second would be horrible!

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on May 26, 2010 at 10:37:06 pm

Let's not get bits and bytes mixed up.
13MBps is roughly 100mbps, so what's bad about that again?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 28, 2010 at 1:39:16 pm

Are you caturing or log and transfer?

If log and transfer, what you areseeingbis fine as AVC-Intra 100 is 100mbps, or around 14MBytes per second as has been mentioned.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]