FORUMS: list search recent posts

Traveling to Europe...HVX-200 recommendations?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Gomm
Traveling to Europe...HVX-200 recommendations?
on May 25, 2010 at 4:20:52 pm

I'm traveling to europe this summer with my HVX-200 and am trying to find a durable bag that I can use AND carry on the planes with me. I saw some of the other posts on this subject, but they were from 2006 and 2007, but i thought since that was 3 years ago, there might be something new out there...

I'm taking my HVX, Sennheiser ME-66, Batteries, Glyph Porta-gig Hard drive, and my 17" powerbook. I would prefer something in a backpack style since I'll do some hiking in the mtns. Any suggestions?

I was looking at the new Beetle by KATA, but I'm not sure if it actually FITS the HVX or if you can make the HVX fit by trying to squeeze it in there. Just looks like more of a DSLR bag. Also wondering if it offers enough protection??

Also any thoughts on charging cam and comp batteries in France?? Is it all automatic these days or do I need to lug heavy transformers?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Traveling to Europe...HVX-200 recommendations?
on May 25, 2010 at 7:37:52 pm

Checkout Cinebags. They have some excellent backpack camera bags. The CB-25 is one that works with the 200, I think.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 25, 2010 at 10:18:57 pm

I have a lot of cases and backpacks that I use for different shoots. All are from Kata or Petrol.

I recently shot a documentary in Israel with my HPX-170. I used the Petrol PCBP-1 for the trip. I was able to fit the camera, batteries, light, mics, P2 cards, CamRade camera cover, DV Multi Rig support and Laptop inside the backpack and monopod on the outside. I also took with me an additional computer case for hard drives, power supplies, cables and other accessories.

Allow yourself extra time for customs.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

William Carr
on May 29, 2010 at 4:56:56 pm

With my HVX200 and traveling drives I use a Kata backpack with a hard shell cover, it has very many compartments and a laptop sleeve in its back. They have many options.

http://www.kata-bags.com/kata.asp?Version=Video

I bought mine from B and H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Camera-Backpacks/ci/4693/N/4294594893

Return to posts index

Robert Gomm
on Jun 1, 2010 at 12:32:46 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. William, how did your bag fit on the plane? Right now i'm using a 16x9 bag (i think petrol is the actual manufacturer) and took my camera with me on a short trip to the rocky mtns last month. I flew on one of those ultra small jets - united express - and that bag wouldn't fit anywhere. It was a HUGE pain. And needless to say, I don't want to have to check my camera!

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:09:18 am

That Kata fits in larger overhead bins. I also use a Tamrac rolling bag (easier on the back too) which fits in all coach overheads so far, and has been a tough contender on all surfaces for almost two years now. I can't find the model number on the bag but it's probably this one:

http://www.tamrac.com/5552.htm

Attached is a pic of how I configured mine. The rightmost (top) compartment here has an audio recorder, but I've sometimes put one or two HDDs there. If you put a laptop in the outer sleeve be real careful not to let the bag fall forward or get banged in front.

This bag I also got at B and H Photo but is carried many places, and comes in many sizes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]