FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting with P2 and DVC 100b

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phillip valdovinos
Shooting with P2 and DVC 100b
on May 20, 2010 at 12:40:30 am

I am shooting a fashion show with two different cameras and I want to make sure that my aspect ratio is correct. I have already adjusted frame rates, but I am confused on how to make sure I don't give myself a headache in post. Can someone help me match the aspect ratios?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Shooting with P2 and DVC 100b
on May 20, 2010 at 4:35:08 am

Do you mean DVX100B (SD camera) and maybe a HVX200 (P2 camera)?

What video format do you plan to shoot and what aspect ratio do you what to have?

On the DVX100, squeeze is an electronic 16:9 anamorphic image, which means the camera is doing the scaling electronically since it is not coming from the sensor that way.

Guess taking a guess since you have not provided all the info needed.

Return to posts index

phillip valdovinos
on May 20, 2010 at 5:19:00 am

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am actually shooting with both the Panasonic DVX 100B (SD) and the HVX 170 P2 camera. They are both set to 30fps, but my question was more getting the aspect ratio similar for editing. I have the P2 set to 720 30N.
I feel like a dumb ass, cause I should know this, but now that I have the shoot tomorrow, I am second guessing myself. If I shoot letterbox with the DVX 100B, I didn't want to loose quality or information within the frame. My lead camera is the P2 so I am just trying to mirror it. I know the quality will be much different.

I appreciate your response again.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 21, 2010 at 12:23:32 am

To eliminate any headaches, set your HPX 170 to 480i60 DV and squeeze and your DVX-100 to 480i60 and Squeeze. Edit with a DV-NTSC timeline and you'll be good to go.

Forget about 30fps or 24p until you fully understand what you are doing.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 23, 2010 at 1:22:38 am

Or better yet rent another HPX or HVX200, trying to mix HD and SD is useless. If you don't need HD then what Steve said is best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]