FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDX900 Shutter and Record problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Hodgetts
HDX900 Shutter and Record problems
on May 19, 2010 at 11:36:07 pm

Hey,

I've just shot a comedy on a HDX900 and come across a few faults that I wonder if anyone else has come across?

1. Shutter set to 50 but will randomly 'jump' to other shutter speeds and back again throughout a shot. This happens intermittently and we are unable to reproduce it.

2. After a day of shooting, one of the tapes has nothing on it (the only one I didn't review on the day! - Bugger!!). I'm not sure if its possible but this seems to relate to the wide-angle lens as on another tape I have the shots used from another lens, but not the wide.

I have recorded something onto the same tape using the same wide this morning and it plays back fine....what the hell happened??

If anyone has any ideas about these two problems I would love to hear from you,

Cheers!

Sarah

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HDX900 Shutter and Record problems
on May 20, 2010 at 2:04:51 am

Ghosts?

Sounds like someone mishandled a tape.

As far as shutter speed switching, what do you mean by 50? 1/50?

What is the evidence it's changing?

Return to posts index

Sarah Hodgetts
on May 27, 2010 at 7:15:44 am

Mishandled a tape..as in... ? Any other details or your own experiences appreciated.

The evidence of the shutter speed change is the top left-hand corner shutter icon changing (which should normally not be there at all for the way I had set it), rapidly jumping to other shutter speeds at different ends of the scale, and the picture changes accordingly.

If you have any bright ideas I would be interested to see if people think this might mean replacing the switch, replacing boards, or replacing the camera!

Thanks,

Sarah

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 27, 2010 at 6:17:41 pm

[Sarah Hodgetts] "The evidence of the shutter speed change is the top left-hand corner shutter icon changing (which should normally not be there at all for the way I had set it)"

How did you have it set? Are you sure you aren't talking about the aperture?

[Sarah Hodgetts] "Mishandled a tape..as in... ? "

Meaning, the only tape you didn't check is the only one that was messed up. That is a convenient coincidence. My thinking is that you had a blank tape when you thought you had a shot tape.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]