FORUMS: list search recent posts

The best way for my movie, hpx300?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gian Martins
The best way for my movie, hpx300?
on May 19, 2010 at 3:05:06 pm

hey guys, i'm producing a movie at brasil with a low money.
i need a way to get a Dof, becouse it will be a part of my lenguage.
What the best way for this? Use a hpx300(i have it) and store, or buy a 35mm lens adapter?

Now the principal question, what 35mm lens adapters works at HPX300? i hear the letus ultimate is vary well and dont lose a lot of stops like redrock, but letus works well with hpx300?
thank you.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: The best way for my movie, hpx300?
on May 19, 2010 at 5:20:58 pm

Or grab a Canon 5D Mark II...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Gian Martins
on May 19, 2010 at 5:38:34 pm

But, as i have hpx300, i is better use lens adapter for work with AVC-I 10bits?
The codec of 5D is vary compressed, i will lose many possibilites in Post Production, and color correction, Isnt it?

and i supose, as i still have HPX300, the coust of buy a Letus Ultimate, and 5d mkII is the same.

I have same nikkor prime lens too.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 19, 2010 at 6:44:03 pm

Up to you and your budget. 35mm lens adapters are expensive and make you lose light- rent.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Gian Martins
on May 19, 2010 at 6:56:03 pm

yes, i think buy one 35mm adapter now is a shit.
After this newest DSLRs the cambuilders will create a new solution with a lowprice, Like this new Panasonic AGP100(or somethink like it).
I will wait for buy any think, i will rent for now.
Thank you.

BUT....
U know awnser my principal question?
Letus ultimate works with HPX300? What the thread size of HPX300?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 19, 2010 at 7:48:25 pm

Gosh I have no idea- ask Letus sales about that. And watch the profanity please, this is a forum for professionals.

Noah

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 19, 2010 at 9:29:23 pm

[Noah Kadner] "And watch the profanity please, this is a forum for professionals. "

Professionals swear, dammit.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 19, 2010 at 9:49:16 pm

like hell they do!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 19, 2010 at 10:01:23 pm

Yeah but don't they usually at least get bleeped on these family rated shows?

Noah

Return to posts index

Maximilian Dandy
on May 25, 2010 at 9:59:29 am

Letus Ultimate works great with HPX300.
You have to add the Letus 1/3" Pro Full Frame Relay Lens to connect.

Best Regards,
Dandy

Return to posts index

Gian Martins
on May 25, 2010 at 3:25:07 pm

Ok, thank you for awnsers.

Return to posts index

Zane Townsend
on Jun 10, 2010 at 1:50:01 pm

I know the thread is probably void now, but I'll throw out something real quick about the letus and the HPX300.

The letus works very well with our HPX300. The only major problem to watch out for here is if you are using the standard fujinon that came with the camera (Heaven forbid) in conjunction with the letus, there is a potential vignette problem. Which is why now we are no longer using the Fujinon standard and switched to our Canon with the letus.

You have to really push past the little box inside the letus system which I am assuming is the ground glass holder. Otherwise you will get a small vignette that is hard to see when you first set it up. So check your corners very carefully. I know it can work with the Fujinon but you really have to push past that box inside the letus, further than you would think you have to.

Remember I am solely speaking about the Standard Fujinon lens working with the letus system. I hope that made sense.

Return to posts index

Gian Martins
on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:31:17 pm

Oh Thank you for alert.
I will do alot of tests after decide about what workflow i will adopt. At next week i will go to Rio de Janeiro, its near here, and teste the cameras of rental.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]