FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX Scene Files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Royce Hildreth
HVX Scene Files
on May 19, 2010 at 2:47:21 am

I was on Panasonic's web http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/scene_files_main.asp
and see they have a bunch of scene files you can download and use. I did this however on most the frame rate does not change as described. I looked at the .txt. file and sure enough the fps are all the same.

I then noticed and read that these were for the 200A model. Mine is first gen HVX200 no "A"

Are the scene files different? Do I need to go into each file and change the fps to work correctly with my 200?

Thanks
Royce

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HVX Scene Files
on May 19, 2010 at 6:42:30 am

Only the FILMFPS and SHUTEFX files have different framerates. Your Record Setup needs to be set to 720p for these to be active.

Return to posts index

Royce Hildreth
on May 19, 2010 at 10:14:35 pm

Michael,
Thanks for your reply. In reading Pany's web it states:

"For the 200A and 500 cameras, each of the looks supplied by Panasonic starts with a file that has a default frame rate in position one. The other five files are identical, except for a change in frame rate. They are:
24 fps
12 fps
18 fps
48 fps
60 fps"

To me this sounds like each scene file has 6 different setting for fps. And in looking at each scene file within each file they are labeled the same as above.

Also you said 720p only. That does not seem to make sense. I know that scene files can change a lot about the way a camera looks and performs but I did not think they would only work in 720.

Though this might take sometime I think I will go in and change the frame rate for some of these and see what happens. I'll try different flavors 480, 720, 1080.

Thanks again
Royce

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 20, 2010 at 1:59:58 am

Frames rates (VFR) are for 720P only, if in Recording Setup you set the Record Format to anything other than a 720P, the Frame Rate in Scene File is BLUE, you cannot change it.

For over and under cranking Scene File: Frame Rate and Recording Setup: Record Format work together.

The site is confusing and yes you are right the site does say that each look should have the difference frame rate settings but they don't, all are set to default. You can easily change this in any text app. Change Default to the frame rate in the name.

But personally I think automatic frame rate changes is dangerous but if you use VFR a lot I guess it would be very handy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]