FORUMS: list search recent posts

The new HPX-370

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo Jan
The new HPX-370
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:29:48 pm

Hi all:

So, no comments yet about the HPX-370? I'm a little surprised...
What's the deal with this new camera? Is it intended to be the replacement of the HPX-300? Or the HPX-500?

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: The new HPX-370
on Apr 15, 2010 at 2:30:43 am

There are literally thousands of posts about the 370 on DVXUser and DV Info, not sure why nobody on the Cow seems to be interested in it? Barry Green and Philip Bloom have already shot with it and written articles and Philip posted some nice images he shot with it of the California coast.

It is a huge improvement and yes, it is the replacement for the HPX300/301. If you need a 1/3" pro camera, it is the best one on the market.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Mark Shepherd
Re: The new HPX-370
on Apr 15, 2010 at 2:59:11 pm

I checked out the camera yesterday at NAB and was impressed with the picture. Unlike the HPX-300, the camera can be used with the gain up. I shot into the dark shadows at NAB with the 370, and the picture was good in low light with its high sensitivity, and I could boast the gain up to 6DB and see little noise. I hope people buy this low price shoulder mount camera and maybe it will become a work horse in the industry for documentaries and other niches. The real mojo at NAB was with the DSLR cameras, their lenses and their large sensor high ISO's. Saw a demo of a film "NOCTURNAL" shot with a 5D at 6500 ISO using NO LIGHTS, shooting the gritty downtown LA streets at night. Very nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]