FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200A Feature Film Final Trailer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rosh kadri
HVX200A Feature Film Final Trailer
on Apr 14, 2010 at 4:24:33 am

We're just wrapping up the film "Inner Quest", shot on the HVX200A at 1080 24PA, Graded in Magic Bullet and cut in Sony Vegas

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
Re: HVX200A Feature Film Final Trailer
on Apr 14, 2010 at 2:45:21 pm

Hi Rosh,

I just watched both the trailers for you movie and congratulations on completing your project.

I wanted to give you my opinion on the trailers, please take this as a constructive criticism. My observation is purely based on the technique you edited the trailers and not the content (which I think is a very powerful subject).

Trailer 2: has no continuity and is cut poorly to one-liners that appear to have a flow in the story.

The basic premise of developing the story is not there, where you cannot identify any of the characters or their relations.

The dynamics of the scenes are overshadowed by the randomness of the shots.

The music while appropriate does not complement the scenes.

Trailer 1: Basically has no story, just a bunch of random shots.

I felt compelled to write because from what I understand you have made a very good movie with a very important topic and I don’t want to start a trailer bashing thread. I believe your film has a lot of potential but a trailer can make or break a film. At this point I feel your trailers are counterproductive to your film and need to be re-done by someone who has expertise in cutting movie trailers.

I hope you wont be offended by my remarks, I do believe that you can have a fantastic trailer with the content you already have...it just needs to be redone.

Cheers,

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Apr 16, 2010 at 6:40:20 am

No artist will mature without constructive criticism
I actually put two trailers up before that i decided not to go with.
The way i cut the trailers is a "tool" to capture the audience im going for.

I will disagree on the continuity issue as i wanted this cut almost like a music video to target my audience.

The Film itself is a drama more than an action and having one character who wears a red hejab proves more powerful than any music as i already get questioned about excited members wanting to see this.

Through this analysis, i was able to determine that "it works"

Audiences have grown out of the "standards" and thats is key to capturing the new generation. I used to produce for myself but i matured into producing "for them"

Thanks for the input :)

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:25:06 am

Well it seems you have done you research for your market and target audience. Good Luck with your film.

Emre Tufekci

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Apr 17, 2010 at 12:37:18 am

Thanks. Your samples and your site look nice

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Apr 18, 2010 at 2:33:22 am

Boy do I need to update that website. Some of the videos are 6 years old. Just too busy. :)

Emre Tufekci

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]