FORUMS: list search recent posts

One Card Recognized, One Not

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kian McKellar
One Card Recognized, One Not
on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:57:05 pm

I'm trying to transfer a days worth of shooting off two cards. One is an older 8 gig card while the other is a 64 gig E series. I normally don't have issues transferring the footage to my laptop with Final Cut 7. On a friends computer using Final Cut 6, we try and the files refuse to show up in the log and transfer window. Sometimes the 8 gig will show up but never the 64 gig. We have tried on both of his computers which have FC 6. The memory cards show up on the desktop of the computers with FC 6. We have tried transferring the files to the computer and tried to log and capture from there but with no luck.

Tried searching through the archives but I haven't found an issue such as this where one card works and one doesn't. Is it an E series issue and if so why does it show up on the desktop in good order? Why is log and transfer failing?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: One Card Recognized, One Not
on Apr 8, 2010 at 3:49:04 pm

Get the latest updated drivers from Panasonic. FCP 7 could be required...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: One Card Recognized, One Not
on Apr 9, 2010 at 3:47:05 pm

I agree with Noah that it's the drivers. We've transferred old P2 cards with no problems with FCP 6. We transfer from a hard drive to which the P2 cards were offloaded. I'm fairly sure it also worked with FCP 5.1.4, but it's been a while.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]