FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rec Ram Overflow

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Montgomery
Rec Ram Overflow
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:28:33 am

Hi all

A friend of mine just purchased an HVX200 used and gave it to me to check it out, make sure it was working right. At first there was an issue when put into P2 MCR mode, the LCD's image would break up and show mostly white. He mentioned the former owner had recently tried updating the firmware, and there are some suspicions there that he did it incorrectly. Figured a reinstallation might do the trick. Also there was a recurring problem where the camera wouldn't power down sometimes when switched off.

Had to leave it for a few days, just got back to it now, started it up to see the following on the display: "System Error - Rec Ram Overflow".

Can't find out what this error means or how to proceed. It's starting to seem like it's gotta be sent into Panasonic for fixing.

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Montgomery
Re: Rec Ram Overflow
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:15:37 am

Update: I reinstalled the firmware, but couldn't complete the process properly because of the faulty power OFF switch, was forced to disconnect AC to turn it off. In the end, didn't fix anything. It's probably going to need a visit to Panasonic's tech.

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Rec Ram Overflow
on Mar 29, 2010 at 4:51:30 pm

Sounds like a unit in need of servicing... hope there's a used product lemon law in your area.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]