FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 720p 30pN Firewire tranfer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari Grunzeweig
P2 720p 30pN Firewire tranfer
on Mar 27, 2010 at 8:11:25 pm

Hi folks,

I read the following on the Panasonic website.
Does this mean that if I record on an hvx200 in 30pN, I will not be able to transfer my footage from the camera via firewire using log and transfer in final cut? I'm not sure what else this could mean, but I hope that is not the case.

Thanks!!

====
DOES 24PN HAVE A IEEE 1394 (FIREWIRE) MODE?
No, 24PN (and 30PN) modes do not transmit data over the IEEE 1394 (“firewire”) interface. The P2 HD camcorders only transmit SMPTE-compliant data streams over the 1394 interface, and 24PN/30PN recordings are unique modes that do not comply to established streaming protocols. Accordingly, 1394 output is disabled when using a Native mode.
====

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: P2 720p 30pN Firewire tranfer
on Mar 28, 2010 at 12:10:24 am

While recording an pN mode nothing is going out FW, so if you want to capture to a computer or something like a FireStore it cannot be done. But on playback the camera is adding the duplicate frame back in to push out 60p through the FW, then with the capture set to remove these redundant frames something like FCP will only record the original 30 frames. Same goes for 24pN.

So camera only records the true 30 frames to the P2 card, FW is off, Put camera in VCR mode, camera adds frames to make it 60p and sends it out the FW port, FCP set to "Removed Duplicate Frames" only records every other frame. In the end what is on the P2 card is on the HD, no extra frames.

The limitation of 30pN and 24pN is not from the camera but with FW in general, it is always "over 60"

- Our software is idiot-proof, if you bought it it proves you are an idiot. - Dilbert

Return to posts index

Jim Carswell
on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:34:28 pm

If you have shot 30pn or 24 pn to P2 cards you can transfer those files to your computer/hard drive just like any other P2 file over firewire. You just can't stream pn over firewire.

Jim

Jim Carswell
Spyhop Productions, Inc.
Savannah, GA
http://www.spyhopproductions.com

Return to posts index

Ari Grunzeweig
on Mar 28, 2010 at 7:06:55 pm

Great! Thanks guys! That's the answer I was hoping for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]