FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 media directory repair

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nolan Hobdell
p2 media directory repair
on Mar 17, 2010 at 5:25:10 pm

I have a problem with a p2 media directory that for some reason has the media but doesn't have the normal internal file structure and therefore I cannot access it in Avid MC v3.5.9

The folder does seem to have all the elements i.e mxf,xml,bmp & lastclip.txt but they are all in one folder and have no seperate contents folders.

I don't have the original card as it was a 2 week shoot in the field and therefore cards were copied and reformated along the way.

Does anyone know of a genius fix for this.

Much appreciated,

Nolan Hobdell

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: p2 media directory repair
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:51:51 pm

MXF4mac has a new helper application that's in alpha status right now called Atomic Fusion. I would contact them and see what they can do for you. It fixes problems just like this and is very slick. I have tried it and it works very well.

http://twitter.com/MXF4mac

http://mxf4mac.com/index.php/contact.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Nolan Hobdell
on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:08:36 pm

Thanks Jeremy,

I have emailed mxf4mac and hopefully they will have an answer. If so i will post it back here.

Much appreciated,

Nolan

Return to posts index

Paul Hudson
on Mar 18, 2010 at 12:19:29 am

Have you tried repair clip in the camera?

Paul Hudson
Lizardlandvideo.com
Phoenix Video Production

Return to posts index

Nolan Hobdell
on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:57:29 am

Couldn't repair clip in camera as the media I am looking at has all been downloaded on to a hard drive and isn't on card.

After a late night I have found a fix though for anyone in the same situation:

In my folder of p2 media (on a hard drive) that was all mixed together with no separate directory folders I ascertained that for one video file
there would be four corresponding audio mxf files i.e

0069GR.mxf (video)
0069GR00.mxf (audio)
0069GR01.mxf (audio)
0069GR02.mxf (audio)
0069GR03.mxf (audio)

So in the filepath Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 folder on my designated video hard drive I made two more folders alongside 1 so I had folders 2 & 3.
i.e.

Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1, 2 & 3

I then copied the video mxf file into folder 2 and the audio mxf files into folder 3. Then restart Avid go into media tool and search master clips on your designated drive and there you will find the clip with same file name. I also note that my Media tool would crash Avid when opening but if you keep trying it will take no longer than three attempts before it opens and you can see the clip.
(Not sure if this was the Avid i'm working on or the process I was doing with the mxf files)
Then drag the master clip from media tool to a designated bin, hit save and your away!
I did this process one clip at a time, going into Avid finding it and quiting Avid to repeat process. I'm sure it would work with more clips but for me one at a time was an easy way to keep track.

Hope this helps and thanks to the people that replied to my post

Nolan

Return to posts index

David Keslick
on Mar 29, 2010 at 10:39:35 pm

For future reference, whenever you have all the components it is easy to recreate the p2 structure. The contents folder contains 6 sub-folders, VIDEO, AUDIO, PROXY, ICON, VOICE, CLIP.

Video is for the mxf.
Audio if for your 4 audio tracks
Clip is for the xml
Icon if for the bmp
Voice and Proxy are usually empty and are not needed to open in an NLE.

Dave Keslick
DVFilm.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]