FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HVX 200a weird sound

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chon Loi
Panasonic HVX 200a weird sound
on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:19:37 pm

I just received my Panasonic HVX 200a today and I find this weird sound when I move the camcorder around off mode, such as tilting up and down, paning left and right without a tripod attached. It sounds like something is loose inside the camcorder, however, when I switch the camcorder to on mode, the weird sound disappear. I wonder if anybody had this problem before.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic HVX 200a weird sound
on Mar 12, 2010 at 10:25:37 pm

Oh yeah that's the sound of the little man inside who actually makes the 24p. I suggest you google for this one- it's only about the most asked question about Panasonic cameras there is. So you won't feel alone in this question.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Chon Loi
on Mar 12, 2010 at 11:49:45 pm

Thank you for your response.
I tried to google about that little guy, but I couldn't find anything that explains about it. I also called the company where I purchase the camcorder, unfortunately they are closed for the next 3 days.

Is it normal it makes that sound.

Thank you again

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 13, 2010 at 12:29:31 am

That clicking noise means the OIS(optical image stabilizer gyro) is ok. And guess what, you are the one millionth new Panasonic owner to notice. :)

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 13, 2010 at 3:11:51 am

It is normal. There is nothing wrong with the camera.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Mar 14, 2010 at 3:14:47 pm

Chon Loi:

You are lucky that you didn't ask this question over at DVX User. Their hazing ritual is much more vicious over there ;-) Noah and Michael were nice.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 14, 2010 at 9:18:21 pm

He did!

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=203227

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group