FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Noise

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Willis
Video Noise
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:22:10 pm

I just recently shot my first corporate video with my hvx200 and I am having a hard time getting the best settings. Can anyone give a beginner some advice or tips. The problem I am having is when I shoot indoor footage, I seem to get alot of video noise. I had two lights with diffusion on my subject and then I was at 5.6 fstop. My shutter was 180.0 and I was on the cine v scene file. It looked good on my monitor but when I bring it to FCP it has lots of noise. What is the best settings to use for indoor shooting.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Video Noise
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:52:54 pm

I'd guess at F5.6 and 180 shutter indoors you were way under exposed. I'd imagine a small set of lights would be closer to a 2.8 with a 1/48 shutter assuming we're shooting in 24p.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Charles Willis
on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:47:03 pm

Ok. So the lowest shutter speed I have is 1/100 on the HVX-200 can it go lower? Also, so what would be your best advice to clean up most of the noice. I realize I won't be able to get rid of a lot of it, but maybe just clean it up?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 12, 2010 at 6:09:58 pm

In Film Cam mode at 24pN you should be able to go as slow as 1/24 though I'd suggest 1/48 as the slowest for good motion rendering. Spend a bit more time with your manual if that's not happening for you.

Video noise is difficult to really pull out completely. There are really expensive hardware solutions that can perfectly restore footage with noise but I'd guess that's not in the budget for you here. Here's one piece of software that might help:

http://www.neatvideo.com/index.html

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]