FORUMS: list search recent posts

transfering HD to SD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jan terry
transfering HD to SD
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:20:52 am

I will be using a panasonic HPX170 camera ad shooting 720p/24p.. This footage will be sent out to news media for their package etc... I need the footage for my company's needs in SD.. We edit on Avid media composer.. I am unsure how to bring in the HD footage and change it over to SD? Thanks, Much, Jan

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: transfering HD to SD
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:27:01 am

This is an editing question and not a camera question.

I would suggest you edit and finish in HD then you downconvert to SD via your video card if going to tape or convert a movie file in compressor if delivering a file.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:51:34 am

Exactly- you do the cut in HD and output the final by downconverting in your editing program. The one hitch is if they are expecting 4:3 SD- then you need to do some panning and scanning top to make sure each shot looks proper in the reduced aspect ratio.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

jan terry
on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:40:02 am

Thanks. How do I down convert the HD timeline in media composer and is there a way to not have a aspect ratio issue if it can be 16 x 9 ? Thanks again

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:50:39 am

Under the Main Bin go to the last tab "Format". Use the drop down menu to change HD format to SD for realtime downconversion. 1080 has more SD options, 720 not as much. You should really ask this in the AVID forum, they might have better alternatives.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 11, 2010 at 5:14:12 pm

Did they ask for 720p24? if not, I would shoot 720p60 for news.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]