FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you xfer from P2 to a Mac using USB?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Jones
Can you xfer from P2 to a Mac using USB?
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:03:32 pm

Hi everyone -

I just took a look at some of the other "P2 workflow" threads here, but we're still having a little difficulty with a USB P2 transfer to a Mac.

We have a MacBook Air which only has a USB in.

(I should preface this question by: we understand USB is not the fastest transfer, but we just need to get the setup running for an overnight transfer after a shoot next week, and all we have at the moment is the MacBook Air (with USB in).

We're running Snow Leopard (10.6.2) on the MacBook Air, and have downloaded the latest P2 driver from the Panasonic site (top one, located here: https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/macp... )

However, the MacBook Air is still not recognizing the camera / cards through it's USB port.

We've tried turning the camera on first, then the computer (and vice versa), restarting after installing the driver, etc. But, we keep getting the "1394 Device Disconnect" error.

Am I correct in assuming that the HVX200 will only transfer to a Mac via Firewire, and not USB? Or, are we missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help - I appreciate any insight anyone might have!
- Jennifer

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can you xfer from P2 to a Mac using USB?
on Mar 5, 2010 at 10:24:04 pm

Absolutely it will. You have to put the camera in USB mode which is explained in the manual.

I have not tried this on an air, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Jones
on Mar 5, 2010 at 10:40:22 pm

Perfect! That was it - Thanks, Jeremy.

For those of you stumbling on this post who want to know where the setting is, it's in: MENU, OTHER FUNCTIONS, PC MODE,
USB DEVICE

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Paul Hudson
on Mar 7, 2010 at 2:22:33 pm

The Dual adapter will work for this, perfectly.

Paul Hudson
Lizardlandvideo.com
Phoenix Video Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]