FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dumping P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommie Green
Dumping P2
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:01:15 pm

Okay, I don't know where to go in this site to find my answer, but I trust you guys have heard this question thousands of times, so if you could just link/direct me, I'd be VERY grateful:

I JUST got my P2 card for my HVX. I was shooting a music video yesterday with it and ran out of space and needed to dump it. But out of like 10 people equipped with and 5 laptops (Macs and PCs), every form of FireWire cord and Yahoo/Google searches, NONE of us could figure out how to do it. So we just canceled the shoot and went home.

I edit on Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. My PC has no P2 slot OR FireWire port. HOW DO I DUMP THIS FOOTAGE? I don't even know what to look for? Is there a FireWire->USB adapter that exist? Is there a machine that dumps P2 cards for you? Do I have to download a program? Is there perhaps a website that goes over EVERY OPTION for dumping? I need to know SOMETHING by the end of the day because Day 2 is tomorrow and this card is still full...

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Dumping P2
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:24:56 pm

You can attach the camera to the computer to transfer.

Downlad drivers here.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:25:20 pm

You can attach the camera to the computer to transfer.

Downlad drivers though https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Tommie Green
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:51:05 pm

how do I attach cam to the computer if my comp has no firewire port?

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Feb 28, 2010 at 6:31:46 pm

You can use the USB port on your computer. Here is a link to a previous thread where I had referenced the pages in the HVX manual where it shows you how to do it step by step.

Hope it helps

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/193/879129

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Tommie Green
on Feb 28, 2010 at 6:44:59 pm

@Richard Harrington and @Emre Tufekci, thank you so much! I'm going to look into it and get back at you

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 28, 2010 at 6:39:57 pm

The FW port is for DV only.. there is USB on the camera as well... look harder

Return to posts index

Tommie Green
on Feb 28, 2010 at 7:13:20 pm

I see the USB port, but is there a cord that can import the MXF files straight from the HVX to the USB on my comp?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 28, 2010 at 9:22:46 pm

I'm not familiar with Premiere's workflow, but with Final cut you should make a folder for each card you transfer, then copy the Contents folder and the Lastclip file into that folder. I don't know the HVX well and have always off-loaded P2 cards with a Duel Adaptor and MacBook Pro, but the cable will have standard USB ends. Perhaps a-type on one end and b-type at the other. Just check the manual, it's there.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:26:36 am

[Tommie Green] "is there a cord that can import the MXF files straight from the HVX to the USB on my comp?"

Yes...it is called a USB cable. Mini to full sized. The camera doesn't come with one, you need to go get one.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tommie Green
on May 28, 2010 at 10:56:27 am

Oh, I figured it out that day by going to Best Buy and buying one of those Octopus like converters that have ALL options at the end. The USB worked. Then I had to find out the hard way downloading drivers was necessary before a connection could be made. Bunch bull****, but I got it done, than guys!

Return to posts index

Shelley Roby
on May 26, 2010 at 7:51:28 pm

I am having the exact same problems transferring footage from our HPX500 to our p2 storage devices. We have both a panasonic and the nexto devices and the cameras and devices don't seem to connect. Did you ever resolve your dumping issues.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]