FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Grfx Card Advise Fast!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours
Need Grfx Card Advise Fast!
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:10:16 pm

We mostly work in DVCPRO HD from P2 shot in our HPX500 and and edit in a double monitor configuration.Consider good or bad luck but my 2008 Mac Pro 2.8 has been declared legally dead by Applecare and they are replacing it with a new 2.9.
The grfx card they are offering is the Geforce 120.
Should I hold out for the ATI Radeon HD 4870 or does it really make a difference?? Or should I consider holding out my Geforce 8800GT and continue using it?

Which is the best card for FCP? I don't use AE (learning) or Motion (still new)or Color (toooooo complicated) but I use a lot of Boris Red. To me they are just puter monitors but I understand they now do processing as well.

I am not aware that my current grfx card holds me back in any way, though it may in ways I don't know.

Anyway, before they wake up in Cupertino and finalize the config, I would sure appreciate some advice.

1. Accept the Gforce 120
2. Politely demand the ATI Radeon HD 4870
3. Keep my Gforce 8800GT

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Need Grfx Card Advise Fast!
on Feb 25, 2010 at 12:11:17 am

Color is the main App that you really should have an ATI card for. The apps that you don't use are the gpu centric apps.

About Color, if you sit with it for a couple of days (get Apples Pro Training book, Noah's or Walters DVD on Color) you will see that it is not that complicated and it is so Powerful. The biggest thing is there is a lot of prep and rendering time that you may or may not have on a project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]