FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using HPX 300 as a webcam.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos castro
Using HPX 300 as a webcam.
on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:22:56 pm

I've been trying to get my Macbook Pro to recognize my HPX 300 via the 300's firewire for a while now and I can't seem to get past this hurdle.

Is there a hardware switch or setting on the mac you need to switch to disable the webcam on the laptop. I'm using both ustream and livestream's software and the only camera I can ever see is the webcam on the top of the laptop.

I've switched the setting on the HPX 300 all around and finally stopping on 720 30p and DVCProHD, that's one of the options both sites have to connect to the camera and still no luck.

I'm convince the problem is at the laptop, but I just don't know for sure. i wanted to eliminate the camera as the problem, I'm hoping someone has been successful using the 300 as a webcam.

Anyone have experience with this issue I'm having ?

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: Using HPX 300 as a webcam.
on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:57:16 pm

Hey,

Once you get the laptop to recognize the cam, you should be able to switch between the laptop cam and the hpx300 in Ustream. I believe I ended up with 480i 16:9 when I tried it on my MacPro using firewire. Firewire tends to support the SD DV standard which is essentially 480i. I believe I was able to do 720 via the Kona on my G5, but I won't swear to that.

Good luck and let us know the progress.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Return to posts index

carlos castro
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:56:03 am

Yeah I'm still working on it. I was on another site where a few people gave me a work around using FCP. I haven't tried it nor do I have a clue hoe this will solve my problem but I'll let you know.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 25, 2010 at 12:25:33 am

My guess it is NOT your laptop. A lot of things need to be crossed off the list before you go there.

Do they support a 720p signal? That is the first thing you need to find out. You match the camera to what they are asking for. As for FW connections you have to stay away from the pN versions of 720p, so NO 30pN or 24pN,

Also you are sending a DVCProHD signal from that camera which is probably not supported. Have you tried the camera set on DV25?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]