FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shotgun To HPX300

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Shotgun To HPX300
on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:49:11 pm

Hello Folks,

As some may recall, I am a notalentwannabee so please bear with my lack of understanding. I am trying to mount my shotgun mic to my HPX300. I have posted a picture of what does not work.

http://files.me.com/robertober/2lskgc

I need the light at the front but with the mic mount where it is, the mic will be too far back and touching the light. Is there a grommett that will let me mount my shotgun mic to the stock mic mount. Or is there a mount that will attach to the stock location? The outside diameter of the mic is about 7/8".

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Shotgun To HPX300
on Feb 23, 2010 at 2:52:55 am

Look at the images to see where your shotgun goes.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?display...

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Feb 23, 2010 at 3:00:19 pm

Hey Steve,

I bought the cam new. I have all the docs. I am trying to mount my shotgun to the cam and do not understand what I need to do it.

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Feb 23, 2010 at 2:53:15 am

Well, I suppose you could get an articulating arm and just have it cocked out to the side. redrock Micro makes a nice one for a decent price:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.472981/it.A/id.1177/.f?sc=2&category=42...

That should do what you want. The arm has 1/4" male screws at each end so that should be what you want for going into your camera's top handle though I'm not sure the size of the female threads in your shockmount. You may want to look into it and see if you could find some adapters if necessary. You shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

Hope it works out.

Panasonic HPX170 P
Unibody Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2.8 Ghz, 4GB RAM
Final Cut Pro Studio 2
Avid Media Composer
The College of WIlliam and Mary

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Feb 23, 2010 at 3:07:52 pm

[Matthew Sonnenfeld] "Well, I suppose you could get an articulating arm and just have it cocked out to the side. redrock Micro makes a nice one for a decent price:"

Thanks, I may try that. I was hoping for something more elegant. I am surprised that there is not something that will let me mount my mic to the stock mount or it's connecting point. I would expect many folks to have this need.

What are the HPX300 owners using? The panny mics? I have a wireless setup but plan to shoot some stuff where the shotgun will come in handy for background if nothing else.

'Preciate the help,
Robert

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 23, 2010 at 11:31:18 pm

Attaching a shotgun to the HPX-300 is self-explanatory. There is a place for it on the viewfinder. Right side to be exact. The 3 pin XLR fits in right below.

I would suggest reading the manual quite a few times and testing out your recordings before going out on a paying gig.

Read pg's 16, 17, 54 and 55 to get your audio down.

If all this is foreign to you, I'll buy the camera from you.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Mar 1, 2010 at 12:28:36 am

[Steve Eisen] "Read pg's 16, 17, 54 and 55 to get your audio down."

None of which give me options for mounting my Audix shotgun to the HPX300. I need a mount or grommett that fits the stock mount.

I can get good audio if I mount my mic in my shock mount and screw it into the handle but that is where I want my light. I am not sure how I can make it more clear.

[Steve Eisen] "If all this is foreign to you, I'll buy the camera from you."

Good to see the Bob Zelin school of forum interaction is alive and well.

Anybody have something constructive?

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]