FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overcranked on Accident

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Godwin
Overcranked on Accident
on Feb 19, 2010 at 6:30:50 pm

Hello all,

I have a pretty big problem. While shooting our first feature we accidentally changed the frame rate from 24fps to 25fps and overcranked an entire scene. I tried to speed up the clips in FCP, turned off the frame blending and hoped for the best, but the footage looks terrible, especially when output to DVD. I am looking for a solution or a post facility that can fix our issue. Help!

We are editing in Final Cut Pro 6.06
I also have access to After Effects CS4 and am testing the Time Remapping and Timewarp tools in there.
Everything was shot on the HPX170 at 720p 25fps played back at 24fps.

Speeding the footage up 110.42% makes it match the audio, but it really looks bad, like a sideways jitter.

Thanks for any help!

James Godwin

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Overcranked on Accident
on Feb 21, 2010 at 3:28:52 am

That speeding up % doesn't make sense, the footage is only slowed down 96%

How was the audio recorded.

And just to be clear, the camera Recording settings where 720p @ 24pN and then in Scene settings the Frame Rate was 25 frames.

Return to posts index

James Godwin
on Feb 21, 2010 at 1:25:12 pm

Yes, the only way to overcrank the camera is to be in 720p @ 24pN mode.

The audio was recorded in ProTools and syncs fine with all the footage recorded, except this until we speed it up.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:03:39 pm

I would try to live with the footage slowed down, that is a very mild amount, like I said that is the way people used to shoot true progressive 24 before the Pana DVXs came out. You would need to slow down the audio. Should be 95.904%.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]