FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 files refuses to move or be copied over, Error Message: "...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Foley
P2 files refuses to move or be copied over, Error Message: "...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."
on Feb 17, 2010 at 8:01:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten the following message when they have tried to copy or move P2 Files from one hard drive to another.

The ERROR MESSAGE I received is as follows:

"...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."

I was on a 2 camera shoot and the files were downloaded to a hard drive as we were shooting and then the cards were reformatted and reused.

The next day the hard drive was given to the editor who had problems moving or copying one of the 30 or so files that we captured the day before.

Again the ERROR MESSAGE I received is as follows:

"...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above ERROR MESSAGE or similar problems. Thanks...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 files refuses to move or be copied over, Error Message: "...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."
on Feb 17, 2010 at 9:05:59 pm

Might be a corrupt clip. Put the card back in the camera and use the REPAIR function to fix it.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joe Foley
Re: P2 files refuses to move or be copied over, Error Message: "...some data in '0001LJ.MXF' could not be read or written."
on Feb 18, 2010 at 1:24:43 am

Thanks will try that. It also seems that it might be a problem with the hard drive that we were using. 2 editors that I spoke with said that they have had similar problems when using an older or a full hard drive. The hard drive (a Lacie) was both of those things.

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Feb 18, 2010 at 2:20:52 am

I've got nothing to add, but wanted to point out to Shane that it was noted the P2 cards were already reformatted. Perhaps Shane has another solution.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 18, 2010 at 7:09:34 pm

[D. Scott Dobbie] "I've got nothing to add, but wanted to point out to Shane that it was noted the P2 cards were already reformatted. "

You would drag the card folder (CONTENTS and Lastclip) back to a P2 card and repair.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Feb 18, 2010 at 7:32:46 pm

Thanks Jeremy. I had either forgotten or didn't realize it could be done that simply. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]