FORUMS: list search recent posts

Details and pricing on Panasonic's 3D camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Kadner
Details and pricing on Panasonic's 3D camera
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:23:01 am

The world's first pro quality, fully-integrated full HD 3D camcorder has a name -- and it's up for pre-order. The AG-3DA1 camera (available this fall) is equipped with dual lenses and two full 1920 x 1080 2.07 megapixel 3-MOS imagers for recording 1080/60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p (native) and 720/60p and 50p in AVCHD. It can record for up to 180 minutes on dual 32GB SD cards in AVCHD PH mode, and sports dual HD-SDI out, HDMI (version 1.4), two XLR connectors, built-in stereo microphone and twin-lens camera remotes. This bad boy is listed at $21,000, and you can reserve yours for $1,000 down. That's nice of them, huh? But that ain't all! The newly announced AG-HMX100 video mixer (available this June) supports full 3D as well (we're sensing a theme here), as does the 25-inch BT-3DL2550 LCD monitor for field use (available this September). Just the thing for filming your Avatar fan films, huh? The latter two are priced at $5,600 and $9,900 respectively.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/panasonic-goes-3d-crazy-with-ag-3da1-cam...

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: Details and pricing on Panasonic's 3D camera
on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:18:27 pm

Actually Noah, the $1000 deposit is a hope to bring a semblance of order to the first deliveries. Don't know if you were in line when the HVX200 hit, but that was really chaos, but I think you were there. I think the little 3D camera is going to be speaking to a lot of customers for a number of different applications, not just films. And frankly I don't think you could shoot Avatar with this camera, the inter-occular is not adjustable but convergence is. Although some parts of it you could.

It is the coolest thing I have played with in a while.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Best,

jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
better codec
on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:54:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Do the HD-SDI out ports supply a better codec if you connect them with two external recorders? Will it be possible to get something like the AVCIntra codec with 10 BIT?

Thanks
Charles

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:42:03 am

Ha- btw that's me quoting Gizmodo not my words. But I'll take one please. :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

on Feb 18, 2010 at 1:20:11 pm

Actually the HD-SDI is an uncompressed output. Send it to any compression scheme you wish.

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:44:41 pm

Jan:

Do you know if the HD SDI output will be 8 bit or 10 bit?

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Gil Baxton
on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:17:27 am

Actually Panasonic is reducing the price of AG-3DA1 by 4.000 Eur

'Panasonic is purchasing the first production in 3D for 4,000 Euros, when shot with the camcorder Panasonic AG-3DA1 bought from 1st of Dec 2010 until 31st of March 2011.'

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]