FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid and p2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jan terry
avid and p2
on Feb 9, 2010 at 6:48:27 pm

Hi, I am running media composer 2.8.4 and also new to p2 etc.... I have transfered my p2 media all the clips and last text etc... to a lacie external hard drive: I am using the usb front port on our HP workstation : The Pc sees the external drive.. I have mounted the drive and then when I go to the media tool it won't recognize the lacie and let me bring my clips in... Any help or suggestions much appreciated! Thanks, Jan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: avid and p2
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:19:05 pm

2.8...man, that's going back. But lemme try.

You need to use the option FILE>IMPORT P2>CLIPS TO BIN. There is the other option, IMPORT P2>MEDIA... hmmm...I think it's CLIPS TO BIN.

Yes, I just tested...it is CLIP TO BIN. Gotta move the P2 card offload folders to the media drive first. All this does is import the clips and point to them where they are, it doesn't move them to the Avid Media folder.

Avid 3.05 and up made things MUCH easier. Avid Media Access (AMA) makes this easier than eating ice cream.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jan terry
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:46:02 pm

thanks will try... so basically I have to get the clips off the external and put them on one of the 4 drives I have hooked up to AVID etc...and go from there... Jan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:47:50 pm

Yup. Upgrade to Avid 4.0 if you can. Although that is Intel only.... I wish that 3.1 was still out, or 3.0.5. Those versions changed the game.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Wilson
on Mar 31, 2010 at 8:16:34 pm

I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but,

The Clips to Bin creates master clips in the selected bin that are linked to the P2 folder in which the P2 media resides. The ImportP2>Media will move the media to a media drive and convert into AVID media.

If you have a dongle authorized for 4.0, you can still install and run a previous version of Media Composer. You can download installers for previous versions from AVID's website.

3.5 and above introduce the AMA plugin feature that makes working with P2 folders a little less awkward.

Ben Wilson
Engineering Project Manager
SCETV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]