FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't access P2 files downloaded to desktop

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Watson
Can't access P2 files downloaded to desktop
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:36:02 am

Hope this isn't a duplicate. I'm new here, and new to P2, and this board seems like an excellent resource. thanks!
Problem: I can't get FCP to see the files I've downloaded to my mac.

History: The first time I pulled files from my new camera's p2 card, I made a folder on the desktop and downloaded them ("Contents" folder and the text file). For good measure, I then transferred the files from the card to the mac a second way, this time using log and capture. I was able to start editing, so I formatted the card for the next shoot.

After shoot 2, I downloaded to a new folder on the desktop, but did NOT involve FCP. I figured I had the files, I could do FCP stuff later. I formatted the card and went on to shoot 3.

But I have not been able to get FCP to recognize these files. Can't drag and drop them to FCP. Can't log and capture. Can't import.

When I drag the shoot folder (containing the "Contents" folder and the into FCP, FCP says "Please choose a translation document file." When it doesn't find one, it says it can't translate the xml file, and goes into a continuous loop of dialog boxes that forces me to Force Quit the application.

Am I ever going to see my shots again? How can I use them? This would be like approaching an archived files, so there must be a way? ???
FCP 7.0.1, Mac OS 10.6.2

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't access P2 files downloaded to desktop
on Feb 9, 2010 at 6:14:14 pm

[David Watson] "When I drag the shoot folder (containing the "Contents" folder and the into FCP, FCP says "Please choose a translation document file.""

Don't do this. That is the WRONG way of doing things. P2 needs to be LOG AND TRANSFERRED...every time. Just like you did with the first card. Same procedure. Just point L&T at the folder you offloaded and there you go.

P2 Workflow with FCP 6

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Watson
Re: Can't access P2 files downloaded to desktop
on Feb 11, 2010 at 9:44:34 pm

OK. When I point Log and Transfer at the folder with my video files (using the "custom path" button in the LT screen), FCP says:
----- "VIDEO" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media. -----
But then I backed out and pointed it to the folder that CONTAINS my "contents folder and the lastclip text file, and Whoot!

Thanks, that was a major roadblock.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]