FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200: HD to displays, SD to firewire

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic Hubbard
HVX200: HD to displays, SD to firewire
on Feb 7, 2010 at 4:12:08 am

We have a HVX200 for our church and I am having an issue I would like to get resolved.

Currently, we are using component out to run HD to monitors/projectors throughout the church. But, we also would like to capture SD in realtime so that we can encode the program after church. After reading the manual, I am unsure if I can do this, since we are shooting in the 720p 24 mode.

Is there a way, to shoot 720p, and still capture DV/SD to a HD so that we can easily encode? Currently, we have just been saving the 720p to the P2 card and thinking about converting that. But, that seems to be a whole other issue finding software to do this.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HVX200: HD to displays, SD to firewire
on Feb 7, 2010 at 7:29:38 am

No, if you are shoot in 720p 24, FW it sending out a 720p signal. Also you need to be on 24p and not 24pN which does not send a signal out on FW.

I do believe that the S-Video is hot all the time and is SD do if you went to a deck or a DV converter you maybe able to get it as SD, but it is adding a pulldown that cannot be easily removed if you want it back to 24p.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: HVX200: HD to displays, SD to firewire
on Feb 7, 2010 at 5:08:57 pm

I'm not sure what kind of computer and software you have, but making a DVD from the P2 files is relatively easy (if you have Final Cut or equivalent). Off-load the P2 to a hard drive. Shotput is an excellent program for that, but Panasonic's P2CMS software will do the same for free. Then log & transfer the file to FCP (this makes a QT file). From there you can trim and cleanup the program and export a file that can be encoded. If you use Compressor, you can give it an HD file to make an SD DVD. Other encoding solutions probably will do the same.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]