FORUMS: list search recent posts

Planning Clean SL Install Tomorrow

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours
Planning Clean SL Install Tomorrow
on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:58:45 pm

FCP 7.0.1, Boris Red 4.3.3, BCC 5.5, Mac Pro early 2008, dual quad 2.88, 10gb ram, P2 and Beta Sp sources, Kona Lhi.

Anything I should know before doing a clean install of SL tomorrow????

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter tours
Re: Planning Clean SL Install Tomorrow
on Feb 5, 2010 at 7:00:02 pm

Left out of previous post - P2 acquisition with AF-HPX500.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:12:15 am

Greatly depends on what you're using to transfer the P2 cards in. For example the Duel Adapter flat out does not function with Snow Leopard and likely never will.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Feb 6, 2010 at 1:40:33 am

Noah - I cannot use my Duel Adaptor with the Mac Pro anyway so no loss there. I intend to keep the MBP on Leopard for now just for that purpose.

Any other land mines out there?

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:43:39 pm

Personally I find it a slower OS in general and QT Player X is worthless for pro work, though you still get QT Player 7- just not as the default player. Unless you have some app that absolutely requires Snow Leopard, I'd hold off. Nothing in there that you need for FCS. But if you insist, I'd clone your current system HD off to an external hard drive so you can quickly regress back to Leopard if something stops working.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Feb 6, 2010 at 8:56:14 pm

Well SL is installed and FCS 3 is about half way. CS4 wating on the runway. We are starting with a clean new drive. We are cloning the old system drive to a new drive using a cloning device, before the orginal goes back to Seagate.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:13:32 pm

FYI, the entire episode ended in the demise of my 2008 Apple Raid Card, which is being replaced as of this writing under Apple Care. Apparently our Raid Card had been becoming dysfunctional over the last several months and the jump to SL was just too much for it's little heart. Apple has resolved the issue with us amicably.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]