FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ingesting footage from p2 as ONE clip

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stacey lumley
Ingesting footage from p2 as ONE clip
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:37:47 pm

I want to ingest p2 footage from my p2 Mobile as if they are one clip into FCP. I have 150 clips from a basketball game but the naming options get them out of sequence so they're not always in order. I'm sure this is an easy fix. Sometimes I miss tape. Can someone explain a work around for this problem?

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: Ingesting footage from p2 as ONE clip
on Feb 4, 2010 at 10:46:58 pm

To put them in order in your bin, click on the Media Start header. That sorts the clips in the bin by starting time code. Very important with P2 clips. Is that what you're looking for?

Return to posts index

stacey lumley
on Feb 4, 2010 at 11:01:31 pm

I actually did that just after I posted this. That helped a lot but I was wondering if there was a way to merge all the clips into one prior to ingesting them into fcp. Thanks for the help though. I've since got them in order at least and exported them as a quicktime file. That works for now.

Return to posts index

Helmut Kobler
on Feb 12, 2010 at 6:04:06 am

An app called P2 Flow lets you do that--the feature is called "Virtual Tape" and it lets you select any or all of your P2 clips, and export them as a single QuickTime reference movie, which can then go into Final Cut (or Compressor, or whatever else that works with QuickTime files).

The problem is: you also need P2 Flow's companion application, called "Import QT" as well. It lets QuickTime play native P2 media. The whole bundle of P2 Flow and Import QT costs $599.

Return to posts index

Jan Fedorenko
P2 flow
on Aug 8, 2010 at 10:54:34 am

Thought I read in other post that if you purchased QT import...that p2 flow was free? When we bought QT import flow wasn't yet released...

janfed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]