FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shoot Northen Lights with HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hank Simon
Shoot Northen Lights with HVX200
on Feb 1, 2010 at 4:27:26 am

Anyone have any good ideas for camera settings to shoot Northen Lights with HVX200? Planning on 1080 60i. What about other settings.
Going to Alaska Thursday.

Thanks,
Hank SImon

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shoot Northen Lights with HVX200
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:56:41 pm

Why 60i just out curiosity? I'd think it would look more cinematic at 24p and you'll get less antialiasing. Also have you considered taking a digital SLR and shooting timelapse instead- that typically results in a much more dynamic shot of that particular phenomenon.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Hank Simon
on Feb 2, 2010 at 7:40:29 pm

Just looking to get the best quality, most realistic I can. Cinema look not what I'm going for. This is not a paying gig just for myself so just taking my HVX200. Any suggestions for scene files or anything else, I don't know how bright it will be. I'll be there for 2 nights so maybe I'll try some time lapse also.

Hank Simon

Hank Simon

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:40:10 pm

Yeah I think you'll find you want to run at slower shutter speeds etc so you maximize the lights in the sky without having to open all the way up or add gain.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]