FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best neutral settings: AG-HPX170P

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Mol
Best neutral settings: AG-HPX170P
on Jan 26, 2010 at 2:59:24 am

Hi,

Does anybody have recommendations for achieving the best neutral look with an HPX170?

I will tweak the look in After Effects and I want to get the best starting point (less noise, best gamma, natural colors, etc.)

Thanks in advance

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: Best neutral settings: AG-HPX170P
on Jan 26, 2010 at 3:30:47 am

Fernando:

Are you in the U.S.? If so, the answers to this are in the Barry Green's book you received. If not, read this...go down about 3/4 of the way down and you will see I talk about all of the menu settings. http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hpx_170_evolution_brockett.html

Cine-D is probably considered the flattest gamma but IMHO, it is not the lowest noise gamma, B-Press is. Generally, pedestal, colors, etc. should all be left fairly neutral but to be totally up front, this is no different than shooting film tests, you need to shoot, take the signal through your signal chain for post and grade to ascertain what settings will work best for your work flow and your eye. There is no stock answer to this, it is art. I like B-Press, but that doesn't mean you will. Cine-D might look better or flatter to you.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Jan 26, 2010 at 4:16:18 am

Thank you, Dan

I'm in Mexico, so no book with the camera. I just read the full article in your link. It's great.

I'll do my tests, thank you again for the tips and shortcuts.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Neil Myers
on Jan 26, 2010 at 4:18:59 am

Fernando:

The book is excellent and available on Amazon. Really worth the price.

Neil Myers
Connect Public Relations
CS4 Master Suite, 3DS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]